Awesome. We’re thrilled to be interviewing you soon.
Before then, here are just a few notes to make the most of our time together.
- We will be conducting the interview on Zoom. You should have a calendar invitation for the time you selected. That will have a link for our Zoom meeting. Just click that link when it is time to get started. Be sure to be in a quiet room – Starbucks or on your phone isn’t going to produce a good result.
If you’re not used to recording, it might be a good idea to put a sign on your door so others know that you’re LIVE.
- To help you sound the best, we recommend you use a microphone – not just the one connected to your computer. If you want to sound the best, pick up a podcasting mic like the Blue Yeti or the Rode Podcaster. It is also critical that you use a headset so the sound doesn’t get picked up by the microphone.
- Your internet connection makes a big difference. The best option is to be wired into your network. We know many of you will be on a laptop without an ethernet connection, which is fine too. Just make sure you’re near your wifi access point and that no one on your network is doing anything bandwidth-intensive like streaming video or recording another podcast ?.
- Here is how we’ll structure the interview.
We’ll start by chatting for a few minutes to get comfortable and review our topics.
Once we hit the record button, we’ll start by saying hi and diving into your background or our shared background.
We’ll ask you some questions pertaining to the form you filled out and from there, we’ll go with the flow.
Please feel free to jump in anytime with thoughts or tangents or stories. That is what creates interesting content!
Lastly, be vulnerable. Our audience is trained to appreciate honesty and vulnerability. Share your mistakes. Share failures. Share the parts of growing your business that were painful. Our best episodes include deep vulnerability.
The interview portion will go for 20-40 minutes. Once we reach an organic ending, we’ll share with people where they can find you online and you can share any offer you might have for our listeners.
After we end the recording, we’ll chat. Offer any feedback to each other, and say goodbye (until next time!)
- To avoid any awkwardness later, we want you to know that we reserve the right not to publish the episode. It probably won’t ever happen, but if we feel like the interview would be harmful or distracting to our audience we won’t run it. You almost certainly don’t have anything to worry about though.
- Headset & Mic
- Quiet Room
- Good quality internet connection
- Be honest & vulnerable